Officers & Directors
Five Avenues of Service
Becoming A Member
NIANTIC ROTARY OFFERS GRANTS TO NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
The Niantic Rotary Foundation is offering charitable non-profit organizations in New London County grants up to $1,000.
Non-profit organizations are asked to submit an application, in letter form, describing the specific purpose of the grant with measurable goals and outcomes, confirm the organization's tax status, its vision or mission statement and include a budget and timeline for the project.
Applications received by August 31st will be given consideration for 2016-17. Those received after that date will be held over until March 15, 2017 for a possible second round of grant considerations. Organizations chosen to receive grants will be invited to a luncheon this fall to present their respective agency and the purpose of the grant.
No special form is used. Applicants repeating prior requests, may omit enclosing IRS tax status confirmations. Applications should be submitted in writing and be addressed to: Donations Committee of the Niantic Rotary Foundation, P.O.Box 339, Niantic, CT 06357.
Some of the beneficiaries of Niantic ROTARY fund-raising efforts include:
- The ROTARY Foundation (humanitarian and educational programs)
- The ROTARY Foundation (polio eradication )
- Project HOPE
- Haitian Health Foundation
- Amber Alert
- Third grade Dictionary Program
- Student of the month luncheons for selected East Lyme high-school students
- $5,000 in scholarships to East Lyme high-school graduating seniors
- Middle school essay contest for students in East Lyme, Salem and Lyme/Old Lyme
- Middle school citizenship prizes
- Serviceperson of the month luncheon each July
- ELHS Interact Club
- Care and Share of East Lyme
- Friends of Smith Harris House
- Center for Hospice Care Southeast Connecticut
- Gemma E. Moran United Way Labor Food Center
- Safe Futures
- Senior Citizens Picnic
- East Lyme Holiday Stroll
- Make a Difference Day
- Boots for Babies
- South Asia Pure Water Initiative
- VFW Kari-Hill Post
- Eastern CT Community Gardens
- Habitat for Humanity of Eastern CT
- Healing with Horses at Wild Rose Horse Farm
- Musical Masterworks
- New London Community Orchestra
- Thames Valley Council for Community Action
- Children's Museum of Southeastern CT
- East Lyme Historical Society
- Shoreline Soup Kitchens and Pantries
- Salvation Army, New London Corps
- Visiting Nurse Association of Southeastern CT
- East Lyme Puppetry Project
- East Lyme High School Senior Class Party
- From Houses to Homes (Guatemala)
- Kayak for Safe Passage Kids (Guatemala)
Niantic Rotary is extremely proud of its record of service.
Anyone interested in learning more about ROTARY is cordially invited to attend one of our meetings. We always need people who share a commitment to service and are willing to commit to regular attendance. ROTARY is a great place to make friends, have fun, enhance leadership and organizational skills, and most important, to help make your community and the world a better place in which to live.