Food Pantry and Food Bank Initiatives
We have supported, and prioritized, food initiatives over the past year.
In 2022, Niantic Rotary's efforts resulted in total contributions to local food pantries of $12,151.
- Care & Share of East Lyme
- St. John's in Niantic/Shoreline Soup Kitchens
- The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, St. Agnes Church
- Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center
- New London Community Meal Center
Our October, 2022 food drive for Care & Share at the East Lyme Stop & Shop resulted in 778 pounds of food and over $1,000 in cash donations.
We partnered with the Liberty Bank Matching donation program, where Liberty Bank matches 25 cents for every dollar we dedicate to their program. This allows us to increase our contribution to local food initiative organizations.